Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Whenever it takes me too long to write and I take an unintentional hiatus from what I care about its because I'm living my life to the full and enjoying myself a little more than I should be. 

I suppose that's exactly what's happened... Yet again. 

I am back in my darling Shire and have spent the last few evenings whiling away the hours with my brunette Lady, drinking and dancing and cavorting with men who are only as delightful as the night lasts as we soon discovered they had less than wonderful intentions. But being the strong, independent women that we are, it didn't take long to pop their metaphorical bubbles and leave them cold. Girls, sometimes, just want to have fun!


Dearne Valley has been an interesting experiment, and with a few weeks left to go before Brighthelmstone, I fully intend to make the most of the time there. I have to admit I'm not quite as enamoured with the North as I was a few weeks ago, but que sera sera. It isn't forever, and I'm more excited about the prospect of moving to the Far East. 

The Duke too has made his decision... He is to stay on in the northern counties. He has made a life for himself and is not yet ready to uproot his life for me, again. Promises have been made to see each other as often as we can, and I know that distance is difficult, but if we have survived it the once, then I also believe we can survive it again. 

I have much to look forward to which does make it difficult to appreciate what I have now, but I am doing my best. 


D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment