Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another few days have passed and my routine has changed dramatically; fewer early morning and late nights, which is always a bonus! The writing and studying is no less relentless, but at least I now have the time to do it!

I can't believe that my year as a Lady-in-Waiting is more than half way through! Where on earth has all the time gone? It is only February, so I'm sure that there is every possibility that I could be counting my chickens before they're hatched, but it does seem like before I know it and the Summer will be upon us. 

The Duke of Albany, poor thing, is suffering with an unfortunate condition at the moment, so we have strayed away from intelligent conversation nor discussed our future. Rather I have spent the time looking after my love, trying my hand at the 'domestic goddess' role I know so any other women manage without gloating or complaining. 

I, on the other hand, seem to find the role rather difficult... Who wants to spend all their time at home tidying, sorting, cooking, organising and other drudgeries? I praise those who find comfort in the repetition of their role, and who excel at the simplest of tasks, because I can somehow manage to fail at boiling water ~ it never quite works out according to plan!


Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate anyone who glides through life with the utmost elegance, but I fear I am more apt to stomping and stumbling, which makes me rather inadequate as domestic goddess. In fact, the Duke may have even made a comment or two about my cooking, but I shall keep those to myself, and try again... Perseverance and stubbornness are my greater strengths (much to his disappointment no doubt!).

In other news, my Mother is returning from the Antipodes and it has been just shy of a year since we have laid eyes on each other. I'm very much looking forward to seeing her, catching up with all we have done since we last saw each other, and hearing all about the other side of the world that I fell in love with all those years ago. Additionally, I'm also rather proud of my home here in the Northern counties and I can't wait to show it off!

I only hope the Duke recovers before my Mother arrives!



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment