Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Though it is an early morning for me and the sun is already blazing through the trees, my eyes are blurred and I can't stop myself from yawning. This summer is taking its toll on my sleeping habits, and I long for the time when I can catch up on six weeks worth of abandoned sleep. 

Don't think I am complaining, for I adore the work I do. It is most fulfilling though I never much thought of giving myself over as a compassionate and dedicated human being. But it shows that even in so little time as one year, things (and people) can change. 

At the end of the week, the Duke of Albany and I have requested to take some time off together and disappear to our future home in the Northern counties. It will be the first time I have seen the home he has chosen for us to start our future together, and though I know I will not be living in it while I work for my Royal charge, the prospect is enough to make me grin.

He truly makes me so very happy, and I cannot get enough of him.

Brighthelmstone is having its usual scandals, however this time I am not in the middle of them. The Irish princesses are loving life and enjoying it to the full (who can blame them?) and it makes me laugh to hear the rumours ~ though which are true or not does not matter. Scandal is only as good as the next scandal.

I have also tried to encourage Bell to come and join in the summer festivities even though her place has been rescinded. Of course she feels a little bit spurned, but she throws around the word 'disappointed' as opposed to 'outraged'. I'm hoping the Duke and I together can convince her to spend some time with us frolicking in the English Channel. Nevertheless, it will be delightful to see her again, and even more incredible to begin to imagine the life the Duke of Albany and I will have together.

Though I am tired, this is the thought that keeps me going. 



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment