Thursday, January 06, 2011

Ignored by the musician. Unimpressed doesn't even begin to cover it. I am tempted to go on a rampage to prove a point, but that would go against my New Year's Resolutions (which there are many) and I do not want to admit that he is having an impact on my emotions!


I know he is working hard, and unlike me does not appreciate distractions, but I am so angry and hurt and jealous. There are not enough words in the world to describe how I feel right now.


(Later)


I apologise about my rant. I know that I should be able to cope with being ignored; it is not the first time, nor will it be the last and who knows how I even feel about this frustrating musician... Other than God.


Speaking of God, this afternoon has passed while I have perused many books in the library. My most interesting find, for it must be called that, is a romance novel about a young girl called Fanny Hill. I suppose that 'romance novel' is probably the wrong term, and though I didn't manage to read it all I can only imagine what course it took... I found it very interesting, but when I inquired after it to my tutor I received a firm telling off and was made to promise to confess my sins!


Is it wrong that I find this rather amusing? Of course, I am even more intrigued as to the novel, though I have subsequently found out that it is to be banned! And if I am to confess for reading about carnal activity, Lord only knows how a priest would react to my own devious past!


I can see the room where the musician is at work, the door is ajar and my heart is beating subtly faster, but I daren't make my presence known. I refuse to fawn over any man.


[sig.jpg]


D. S. 

5 comments:

  1. Heavens above! Fanny Hill!! What are your parents thinking of letting you come into contact with such lascivious and licentious reading material.
    What would your musician friend think? Shocked and scandalized, I'll be bound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are rumours in London that you are not virtuous

    ReplyDelete
  3. My virtue is not something that I question, for I know where my OWN limits are, regardless of what society dictates.
    But you are under examination, for I am intrigued by your knowledge and your lack of propriety at enlightening me of such facts in the small hours of the morning... D.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have suspected my propriety would have been the last of ones traits to be under investigation by one so liberal! More notably when one is trying to be of service and a friend to the Duchess.

    ReplyDelete