Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!


It's only taken me a few days to recover from the drunken debauchery that was New Year's Eve, and as I promised, it will be worth the wait!


As you can see, I have spruced things up a little bit; if I can't change my lifestyle I may as well do it in style!


We had a few glorious days which caused the snow to melt and meant that New Year's Eve almost felt balmy in comparison to Christmas Day! (And in hindsight I completely blame the temperature for all the skin that was bared that evening, and the clothes that still seem to be missing!)


The evening was spent with the finest lords and ladies of the Shire. Some of whom I haven't laid eyes on in months! My Darling Baroness opened her home to the drunken revelry that I brought unannounced, for which I apologise, but it seemed that we managed to mix rather well!


The Duke was there. Of course. It seems like it wouldn't be a New Year's Eve without the obligatory pang in my chest, although this year I refrained from telling him I loved him! I believe that is what one calls progress?


We were not joined by the Officer who is away on a Call of Duty, nor the Scottish Earl whose amorous intentions have more than waned. Though that is probably for the best, for I want this new year to succeed in moulding a new me and I could do without the temptations!


No midnight kiss shared with anyone - I actually missed the countdown but I daren't explain - nor anything else remotely vulgar! For playing games under the stars with your closest friends, regardless of how scantily clad, is nothing but innocent! 


I didn't wake up alone, but that there were four of us in a bed... Well think what you will!


I go back up North tomorrow and I have a slight feeling of trepidation. I am leaving behind the Duke who I never thought would be free for the taking, and I suppose he still isn't. He does have a slight superiority complex to say the least, though that could be his way of coping with the dissolution of his engagement! I do wonder what she did, for how can he even hint at wanting to be with me, when he knows me better than anyone else? Of course he is always above reproach but I, on the other hand, well, we all know what I'm like!


And then there is the musician. I have not heard from him once since I returned to the Shire, and normally I would be put out by this obvious neglect. Yet I have been in close correspondence with a shared friend, and it seems that he is working away at something, barely leaving the music room to eat. 


It's inspiring to hear about someone who is so passionate about something other than social conventions!


I wonder if I can entice him away for a brief rendez vous when I return... I normally have to compete against other women, not some other fancy. Though I know that word doesn't do this musician justice!


I'm looking forward to seeing my ladies when I return to the North. I hope my Lady Lina will let us throw her a birthday party, or I might even try my hand at cooking for her! (No one was more surprised than I to find I quite enjoy cooking). I hope she has had the most perfect birthday today! Oh these archaic times where I cannot talk to her and wish her the very best! I suppose I'll just have to wait a few more days.


Until then, I shall leave to go and oversee the packing. Don't want to leave anything behind for it will be a while before I return to the Shire, but I am so looking forward to this year's mis-adventures!


[sig.jpg]


D. S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment